Two ICOs – two new exchanges: COBINHOOD and HALOPLATFORM.
The landscape of exchanges for crypto enthusiasts is a sad one. Security breaches (e.g. Litebit.eu), non existing support (bitfinex, bittrex, et al.), ugly interfaces, nerdy interfaces, premium fees to pay. Those exchanges give the impression that they only wish to milk the cow. They literally do not offer a state-of-the-art experience when it comes to their platforms (look at COSS and have a healthy belly laugh). But who is it that listens to the complaints and desires of the crypto community? We think we have found in our belief a few contenders set to dominate this space, each with an intrinsically different ecosystem, one vs the other: HALOPLATFORM and COBINHOOD to name two of them. They both are currently running ICOs and have something to offer for sure, but which one to invest in? With your participation in one of these ICOs, you give a vote of confidence as you invest in their technological vision, thus you are contributing to the very future of the Cryptosphere. One of them seems to plow a huge amount of their budget into what seems is marketing, towards which should have its caps filled quickly, the other one seems to invest into its platform succinctly to deliver a really strong, feature-rich product and prays for word-of-mouth. Who is who? In comparison you will learn this by the end of this article. Let’s us take a deep breath and narrow it down as we look at them both. First things first, here are the opponents:
Welcome to the Ultimate Cryptocurrency Platform…
Halo Platform is the Most Comprehensive Cryptocurrency Platform Supported by Halo Coin and the Halo Network.
Powerful, enterprise level solutions fused with next generation trading tools and widgets make Halo Platform the #1 choice for a fully customizable trading hub with the flexibility to handle all your day-to-day trading and more. Our customizable UI allows you to change out which widgets you want to make it exactly what you need. Traders need a solid exchange where trading lag is a thing of the past. Track your positions, get SMS alerts, check annualized ROI from holding, track off-chain assets in your balance, and view your portfolio position in BTC and other base currencies like USD or AUD. Halo has it all and grows with the needs of the market.
HALOPLATFORM is so much more than a simple exchange – it is a whole cryptocurrency ecosystem and leaves no room for wishes. HALO will become the command center of every professional cryptocurrency trader / investor. Cryptos are still in it’s infancy, this is why so many companies with poorly designed products can succeed. HALO with it’s breathtaking offering has the goal to drive the cryptoverse to a whole new level, especially its analysis tools will help novice traders and investors alike to get their stuff organized in order and to keep an comprehensive detailed overview. There are many fields to be disrupted by HALO and the exchange seemingly is just one of them.
Supported coins / tokens: To many to list here, to be determined they are aiming for 100-150 of the top market coins plus whatever the community requests
Supported fiat currencies: USD/EUR/JPY/KRW/CNY/HKD/CAD/GBP/AUD/NTD/RMB/AUS
ICO: HALO ICO
Whitepaper: https://www.haloplatform.tech/assets/Halo-Whitepaper.pdf *UPDATED 10/24/17*
COBINHOOD is a cryptocurrency service platform for the blockchain era. The first
service launched by COBINHOOD is the world’s first zero fee high-frequency
cryptocurrency trading exchange that solves existing problems of cryptocurrency
traders. It provides spot trading and margin trading with ZERO trading fees to
maximize traders’ profit and market liquidity.
COBINHOOD is a ZERO trading fee cryptocurrency exchange with much buzz currently. The zero trading fee applies to spot trading and margin trading for up to 10x leverage. You can deposit in many fiat currencies, along with this it seems they took great care on the security end of their system, with an eye on being innovative. They aim for becoming a decentralized exchange in Q2 2018. Unfortunately COBINHOOD landed in trouble a few days after the ICO has started, as there has been special 150% bonus deals for Ian Balinas telegram group. Despite that the ICO seems to go pretty well, their marketing is excessive and seems to work.
Supported coins / tokens: BTC, BCC, ETH, USDT, ETC, IOTA, EOS, LTC, ZEC, XMR, XRP, COB, REP, OMG, DASH, NEO, GNT
Supported fiat currencies: USD/EUR/JPY/KRW/CNY/HKD/CAD/GBP/AUD/NTD
ICO: COBINHOOD ICO
The feature list is long, very innovative and contains tons of tools you want to have right now. In fact the exchange is just a fraction of what HALO has to offer and if you take your time to look into the array of features, you surely will be surprised. As we compare HALO Platform here with COBINHOOD, our emphasis is more on the exchange along with the connected items in turn, but here are a few of the awesome features of HALO:
- A brand new approach of an EXCHANGE: Halo is all about organizing the decentralized. You can control your Private Keys inside Halo, so you never will lose track of all that cluttered stuff, spread over the web. It has a strong cloud architecture that takes care to avoid trading lags and scaling issues. Furthermore, HALO’s Decentralized Control Exchange (DCE) allows you to add and trade on only the exchanges of your choice, this allows tracking effortlessly across multiple exchanges. The HALO tokens you are purchasing with the ICO are heavily used on the entire platform and also use a Zero-Transaction-Fee Protocol within the platform, so if you send 1 Halo, it will be 1 Halo received.
- A complete PORTFOLIO MANAGER, that visualizes the current state P/L of your wallets (which you can have as well on HALO, of course). Users can track gains
and get notified instantly by SMS alerts. ROI can be calculated on monthly and yearly base, track off-chain assets, and view their portfolio position in BTC and other base currencies as well. Furthermore, HALO utilizes CRYPTOSWIM – a Cryptocurrency Calculator. This feature will help you with keeping your eyeballs on your “Dollar Cost Average” and takes care for not being hype-influenced.
- Wallets, Wallets, Wallets
HALOPlatform aims to be your one-stop-solution for your wallets as well. If you hodl, for example, BTC, ETH, XRP and DASH you don’t have to login into each of the wallets to check the status or do transactions, you have them all-in-one space. This is really helpful if you spread your portfolio widely over tons of coins and tokens – this way you can transfer the one you want to sell to the HALO Exchange with mouseclick and trade it if you wish to. This is another point in terms of mass-adoption, as the current state is hard to grasp for Average Joe.
- Another important feature will be the Marketplace. Here you can offer all kind of Cryptoservice to the audience. Imagine consulting lessons, trading signals and whatever. Here is also a POS where you can use the HALOCOIN you can buy in the current ICO and here is the place where the project will gain its revenue.
- The HALO Tokenhub will be an very simple but effectice place for decentralized and consensus regulated ICO creation. This will bring up the whole ICO thing to a new level, making this form of crowdfunding available for the masses.
- HALOPlatform seems to be unstoppable in terms of their vision, there are way more features to discover like the business tools and services, an inbound crypto community, financial tracking tools and a HALO debit card. The roadmap is unbelievable and if this job is done properly they will blow so many other small scale projects out of equation.
- For the upcoming app, please have a look here:
Halo in our view will contribute in a massive way to grand scale adoption and confidence in crypto, which should be epic in scope. The currently sold token HALOCOIN is perfectly woven into the platform and has a real use. Starting with a very limited supply of 1,000,000 HALO with a value of $10 each and an actual use on the platform, we think this coin will gain in value very quickly. Especially if you consider the many ways to spend HALO on the platform. And, yes, HALOs will be minable, thusfore the supply in the beginning is small. Even the mining process has been designed very easily and can be run on an VPS. HALO has a masternode system and pays 50% of all their service fees generated back to the masternode holders.
COBINHOODs feature list is limited, as their vision is much more narrow. Whilst HALO wants to create the decentralized center of the Cryptoverse, COBINHOOD’s goal is to make an zero-fee trading exchange. You might ask why we compare those both, please read on – we will explain that in the last paragraph of this article. They want to run a smooth working exchange that offers spot trading and leveraged margin trading. Zero-trading fees is quite an argument, but it is not all – traders also want a good experience and they have been treated badly in the cryptospace (let’s remember Mt Gox). Still todays exchanges charge ridiculous fees, have a literally non-existing customer support and slow order processing. All of these shall be addressed by COBINHOOD. Let’s take a look at the platform of COBINHOOD and the features:
We hate to say it, but we can’t find anything special yet – it almost reminds a bit to Etherdelta with a more eye-friendly color scheme. We recognize the fancy flashed-out design of the ICO and the more generic style of the exchange. But back to the COBINHOOD features:
- No transaction fees – Traders will enjoy ZERO trading fees for spot trading and margin trading for up to 10x leverage.
- Secure environment – COBINHOOD will store the vast majority of the crypto asset deposits in an offline multisig vault, which requires 5 out of 8 geo-distributed hardware security modules to open, which is very state-of-the-art.
- Real-Time-Trading-Experience with a highly performant order-matching system.
- Many supported Fiat currencies for depositing on the exchange.
- Multilingual Platform supporting 10 major languages, covering 98% of the world’s population.
- An existing – hopefully – top-notch customer support, as per defined goal in the whitepaper.
- ICO Spark ProgramTM to help well-known enterprises, successful startup companies, or reputable entrepreneurs integrate their products and services with blockchain technology.
The rest of the features are really more about the ICO and not the platform itself, like some privileges for token holders and ICO underwriting service and the nice feature that the usual liquidity issues with ICO tokens are solved as the tokens become tradable right away after the exchange launch.
Comparing HALO vs COBINHOOD
So why did we choose to compare apples with bananas? We wanted to demonstrate a live example on how much the ICO market is driven by marketing and how it can derail the general development of the Cryptospace and mass-adoption. One project might be good marketed pre-ico, but the other one in comparison is something with a real community value. Let’s do a check side by side:
- COBINHOOD spent tons of money to create a full blown team with so many advisors and what else ~ HALO is the geeky underdog staying in the background, focused on development.
- COBINHOOD‘s ICO website has a great feature-packed webdesign is highly optimized for conversions ~ HALO’s current info website is looking good, though we are sure it has cost a fraction of what COBINHOOD has paid for theirs.
- COBINHOOD leaves no stone unturned in their marketing program and use every method possible to squeeze investments ~ For HALO you will see rarely ads, but you will find tons of real traders and cryptoenthusiasts spreading the word in the groups and channels.
- COBINHOODs vision is very limited and has just a few innovative features, but if you read the website closely, you will find it is focused on providing extra value to token holders, instead of coming up with a real great product ~ HALO outranks COBINHOOD by far in terms of features – it is fully focused on the product, they just don’t care for fancy marketing campaigns to squeeze the last $ out of the prospects. HALO cares for the product and to contribute hugely to mass-adoption of crypto in general.
- Compare the webdesign of COBINHOOD with the design and features of the exchange and you will see where the money has been spent. Vice Versa for HALO, where the website won’t amaze very much but the limitless features of the product itself will leave you open-mouthed in amazement.
In a nutshell this comparison is like David against Goliath. COBINHOOD might be Goliath for their marketing and in acquiring large sums very fast but HALO is smart and might be the real winner in the long run, as the product is not just a simple exchange, it is the next logical step on a technical level to elevate the success of crypto itself.
Whilst many ICO investors become quickly impressed with flashy videos and nice web designs, they tend to forget to actually watch out for the real value of outstanding products. Many of these companies should use their capital more on the actual product instead of a blatant marketing. In COBINHOOD we stand back and see ourselves invests into yet another ICO, HALO on the other hand seems like it is going to be a major game changer in the long run, once people realize what it actually can do. Other fee-free exchanges might be in the pipeline already, waiting to start and to learn from COBINHOOD’s mistakes. With that fast pace of development, it will be easily replicable. We are sure you won’t find scandals for HALO like COBINHOOD’s special bonus for the Ian Balina group, as HALO is about the product, while COBINHOOD seems to be all about the raising of funds, which is a bit concering to us. Also to consider: COBs are already trading on Etherdelta, so you can make a bargain there, as sometimes it is below 60% of the current ICO price.
The eco-system of HALO could become a true crypto central to the community. Try to think of what they should add to their platform, what is missing? Hard to find something, right? The roadmap of HALO is amazing, as it considers crypto from a 360° angle – and this is why we believe in HALO. We are sure that HALO is the true gamechanger, with a coin to hold and an amazing platform to use for all your daily crypto needs. This angel in the crypto space surely deserves it’s HALO 😉
When nu post?
- Learn which Crypto Signals Provider really perform
- Get unbiased well-researched & merciless coin reviews
- Grab trading education, our market updates and cryptocurrency news!